Nworks has posted their new Version of their Management Pack Version 126.96.36.199 today.
The nworks MP provides full Alerting and Performance charting on the VMware VI3 enterprise system status, as well as operational information.
It will collect :
• Performance & Event data for VMware ESX Hosts, either from Virtual Center or ESX directly
• Performance & Event data for VMware ESX Guest Virtual Machines, either via Virtual Center or ESX directly
• Events and Alerts from Virtual Center in many categories such as security, status/state-change, object creation/deletion and other management & admin actions taken in VC.
• The Topology of the Virtual Infrastructure within VirtualCenter – Datacenters, Folders, Clusters, Hosts and Guests
• Events and Alerts from nworks own VEM Collector service.
Do you ever get stale data inside you Ops Manager Console? I did today and it didn’t matter how many times I hit the refresh button it would not go away. This can be fixed by simply adding the /clearcache when you start the Ops Manager Console
1.) Open a command prompt
2.) Type or copy and paste this line.
“C:\Program Files\System Center Operations Manager 2007\Microsoft.MOM.UI.Console.exe” /clearcache
The Operations Manager Backwards Compatibility MP has been updated to resolve a number of issues and can be downloaded from the following location:
The details are as follows:
· Updated MOM 2005 Backwards Compatibility MP (6.0.5000.12)
· Updated System Center Internal Library MP (6.0.5000.16)
· Updated System Center Core Monitoring MP (6.0.5000.16)
· New Backward Compatibility Threshold monitoring type using in Converted MOM 2005 MPs which exposes Threshold values as overrides
· Fixes to the Backward Compatibility Cluster discovery to address problem with converted MPs that monitor clustered Applications
· Fixes conversion issue with MOM 2005 Windows Service rules using wildcards to match on Service names
There has been a lot of question about what version Opsmgr 2007 support and for RTM it was only SNMP V2c, but now they have released a QFE that will add support for SNMP v1.
The KB article is KB939364. Note that you will need to call CCS to receive the QFE (but they won’t charge for it)
Silect Software (http://www.silect.com/) has released MP Studio 2007 for Operations Manager 2007.
Below is a list of features/benefits stated by their E-mail announcement.
You can download the evaluation copy from here: http://www.silect.com/products/product_info.php
MP Studio 2007 Key Features
Manage overrides to increase operational effectiveness
Quickly and easily review Management Packs before implementation
Manage and track changes to Management Packs to avoid unexpected changes in service monitoring
Understand the differences between Management Packs
Create override Management Packs
MP Studio 2007 Key Benefits
Ensure your service level management objectives are effectively met
Manage customizations to your environment using MP Studio’s extensive override management capabilities