- The SCOM Self Service Portal must be installed on a SCOM 2012, SCOM 2016, or SCOM 1801 Management Server that has the Web Console installed.
- Users require Chrome, Firefox, Safari, Edge or Internet Explorer 11 or greater.
- Copy the SCOM Self Service Portal.msi file over to the Management Server.
- Right click and choose Run as Administrator
- Note: In some environments Run as Administrator may not show up. In this case just click Install
- Click Next
- Read and Accept the License Agreement, then click Next
- On the Ready to Install screen click Install
- On the Completing Setup Page leave the Launch SCOM Self Service Portal checkbox checked and Click Finish
- If you unchecked the Launch box on the last screen, you can also run it from the Desktop with the wrench Icon called SCOM Self Service Portal Configuration
- The configuration screen will automatically populate the SCOM Version, Management Server, Domain, and Company Name.
- Type in the username and password of the System Center Data Access Account (DAS).
**Note this is the account used when you installed SCOM
- Type in the Company Name if it’s different than your domain name.
- Choose the Date Format you would like to use.
- Click OK
- On the complete screen click Start to Launch the Self Service Portal Application
Import the SCOM Self Service Portal Management Pack (Recommended)
- Open the SCOM Console and Select the Administration Pane.
- Under Management Packs. Right click and select Import Management Packs
- Select Add From disk
- Select No on the Online Catalog Connection dialog
- Browse out to the Self Service Portal install directory. C:\Program Files\SCOM Self Service Portal\Management Pack
- Select the SCOM.Self.Service.Portal.mp file.
- Click the Install button.
- Click Close
- Go to the Monitoring Pane and you will see the new SCOM Self Service Portal Folder. (Note: It will take some time for the objects to be discovered)
For any issues please contact firstname.lastname@example.org