Today Microsoft announced a few new beta products – two of which came from our team. The System Center Operations Manager 2007 Cross Platform Extensions, which enable customers to manage Unix/Linux systems from Operations Manager 2007, was delivered as a beta today. If you were attending Bob Muglia’s Keynote this morning then you walked away with a CD containing the beta bits.
The second beta announcement from our team was the availability of the System Center Operations Manager 2007 Connectors for HP OpenView (Unix/Windows) and IBM Tivoli Enterprise Console (TEC). CD’s will be available later this week at MMS.
Both betas are available on http://connect.microsoft.com/ – search for systemcenter. If you’re attending MMS, then stop by and see us at the Operations Manager 2007 Pod. You can also attend the two breakout sessions:
– SO20 – System Center Operations Manager 2007 Cross Platform Extensions
– SO09 – Connectors for System Center: The Microsoft Interop Strategy
Also, there’s a hands on lab for the Cross Platform Extensions at MMS – details will follow later. Tonight there will be a birds of a feather session – BO03 Integrating with Microsoft Systems in a Mixed Environment (Windows, Linux, OSX etc).
If you happen to be at ‘Interop Las Vegas’ down the street at Mandalay Bay, then stop by and see us at the Microsoft booth.
We look forward to keeping this site updated with information, tips, and tricks about these new products from our group. Please check us out often.
The Cross Plat and Interop team
You can download the Cross Platform Extensions Beta through Microsoft Connect. To help you navigate to the right spot, follow these directions:
- Go to Microsoft Connect, and log in.
- Click on Connection Directory at the top menu.
- Scroll down the list of categories to System Center TAP/Beta.
- Within this category you will see the Program, “Operations Manager Public Beta (Cross Platform and Interop)”. Click Apply Now.
- Complete the survey, and then you’re in and can download the Ops Mgr Cross Plat Beta!