First I download the Microsoft Visio 2010 and SharePoint 2010 Extensions for System Center 2012 from here
The install doc says I need these pre-requisites:
- System Center 2012 – Operations Manager console.
- As an alternative, you can also install the Authoring Console from Operations Manager 2007 R2.
- Microsoft Visio 2010 Professional or Premium edition
- Visual Studio Tools for Office 2010
- The Microsoft .NET Framework 4.0
I am running Windows 8 with Visio 2013.
After the install, I launch Visio 2013 and get this message. I click Install.
At the top I see a new Tab called Operations Manager
I click Configure.
I give it a Name and my SCOM 2012 Web Console address. I also select Automatic data refresh
Now I just click Insert Shape and add the SCOM object I want in my diagram.
It would be nice if I could multi-select here.
Also I add the Dashboard status so I know if the link to SCOM is working or not.
Here is my first diagram/dashboard. It was easier that I thought. I see tons of possibilities using this.