With the release of V2 I began building a management pack to collect the event logs created by the Maintenance Mode Scheduler and display them in the console. Recently SCOM guru Tao Yang e-mailed me about his MP that provided similar functionality with more features then I had imagined.
I am making this my official management pack for the SCOM 2012 Maintenance Mode Scheduler.
Full Blog post with download can be found on his site. http://blog.tyang.org/2014/05/22/management-pack-scom-2012-maintenance-mode-scheduler/
- Auto Cleanup of past maintenance mode jobs that were set to run once.
- State View to see state of SCOM Maintenance Mode Scheduler. It also validates the account has local admin permissions and a valid password.
- Event View for New Jobs and Jobs that were Auto cleaned up
- Task to Launch the Web Console.
- Dashboard View using the new PowerShell widgets
- Report on New Jobs
If you are using the SCOM 2012 Maintenance Mode Scheduler. I highly recommend you checking this out.
All credit goes to Tao Yang. Thank you for creating such an awesome MP.