I believe that core to any monitoring system is the ability to send out accurate alerts. SCOM sends out many valuable alerts but will flood e-mail boxes and paging systems during maintenance windows.
Here are the new features in V3 that will help address this problem:
- Schedule Subscriptions for maintenance mode. Most organizations only use the alerts from SCOM. Now you can schedule your complex subscriptions into maintenance mode. You can choose to send the alerts that were queued up or discard them.
- International Date format of DD/MM/YYYY now supported
- New Integrated Dashboard with the help of Tao Yang
- Removed resource pools from the list of groups
- Changed default start time to only 2 minutes ahead instead of 5
- Check to verify start time hasn’t already passed
- Minor bug fixes
Read about all the features of the SCOM 2012 Maintenance mode scheduler here: Link
[button link=”https://www.scom2k7.com/downloads/SCOM2012MMSchedulerV8.zip” style=”download”]Download Free Trial[/button]
Schedule Subscriptions for Maintenance Mode
International Date Format